All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
- One ticket to “A Breath of Fresh Air”
- When: Friday, May 23, at 8 p.m.
- Where: Stern Auditorium/ Perelman Stage at Carnegie Hall
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- $10 for rear-parquet seating (up to a $20 value)
- $30 for second-tier seating (up to a $60 value)
- $50 for mid-parquet seating (up to a $100 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart.
Harmony rises from diverse materials in this concert for brass and voice, usually arch enemies. Among the program’s many works are marching band classic The Circus Bee, the bombastic finale to Tchaikovsky’s Fourth Symphony, the passionate tragedy of Guillermo Martinez’s No llores, paloma mia (Don’t Cry, My Dove), and the world premiere of Ross C. Bernhardt’s new choral work In Memoriam. Read on for a look at some of the ensembles performing:
- Alice High School Honors Band: They may be young, but the Alice High School Honors Band has a long tradition of excellence, including 62 consecutive sweepstakes and a Sudler Flag of Honor award presented by the National Sousa Foundation.
- Del Mar Master Chorus and Concert Choir: Coming from the coastal bend of South Texas, the Del Mar Master Chorus is one of the region’s premiere community choirs, and revels in choral staples such as Carmina Burana and Vivaldi’s Gloria.
- Khorikos: New York a capella choir Khorikos may be versed in medieval polyphony, but they don’t shy from contemporary works. In WQXR/WNYC’s 2012 Battle of the Boroughs, they pitted their sound against funk, rock, and indie bands, and even their more traditional concerts tend to include contemporary pieces and world premieres.
Distinguished Concerts International New York
An artist, Distinguished Concerts International New York’s website says, is “an individual who continually seeks to improve, to grow, and aspires to perform at a higher level.” The people behind this definition are DCINY co-founders Iris Derke and Jonathan Griffith, and it’s a definition their musicians fulfill. To do so, they collaborate and express themselves while both performing famed Mozart compositions and leading educational events.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires May 23, 2014. Limit 8 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem on 5/23 for a ticket at venue box office. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at Carnegie Hall. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Discount reflects Distinguished Concerts International's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open 1 hour before showtime. For ADA seating, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.