- $25 for two tickets for yellow-section orchestra seating (up to $50 value)
- Click to view the seating chart
A Night at the Opera
- The Music: selections from Don Giovanni, Faust, La Boheme, The Magic Flute, and The Marriage of Figaro
- Guest Singers: Bass-Baritone Nicholas Boragno of the LA Opera, Soprano Devon Guthrie of the English National Opera, and Tenor Frederick Ballentine of the LA Opera
- The Bonus: Stories from the Stage, wherein the evening’s storyteller, Devon Guthrie, will recount tales from the various operas
South Coast Symphony
The South Coast Symphony bills itself as "the unstuffy symphony." Which isn't to say that its pro musicians have any disrespect for the classical tradition—any given season likely will be rich with mammoth orchestral works and famous operas. But the group has broad tastes, and accordingly partners with a wide range of musicians to put on evenings of Broadway show tunes, renditions of classic-rock albums, and film-score performances. Many of the concerts are designed to be welcoming to a wide audience, including kids or adults who have never listened to anything besides CDs of funny sound effects.