- $19 for one ticket to A Tribute to Billie Holiday with Cassandra Wilson (up to $39 value)
- When: Wednesday, April 23, at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Schermerhorn Symphony Center
- Seating: rear balcony or rear orchestra
- Door time: 6:30 p.m.
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
- Click to view the seating chart
A Tribute to Billie Holiday with Cassandra Wilson
- How you know Billie Holiday: as the jazz vocalist who broke down racial and gender barriers to become a legendary figure in the music world, prompting Frank Sinatra to declare, “it is Billie Holiday who was, and still remains, the greatest single musical influence on me.”
- How you know Cassandra Wilson: as the two-time Grammy-winning singer who binds the genres of blues, folk, country, and jazz together with her smoky vocals
- What this tribute entails: a live rendering of the new album, Coming Forth by Day, which includes Billie Holiday classics such as “All of Me,” “The Way You Look Tonight,” and the arresting “Strange Fruit”
- What Wilson says about the project: “A dream of mine is happening. I’ve been in love with Billie Holiday’s voice since the moment I heard it, and she has inspired me throughout my career.”
Schermerhorn Symphony Center
Even though it opened in 2006, Schermerhorn Symphony Center looks like it's been a part of the landscape for centuries. That's because the center, which is named for Nashville Symphony's late maestro Kenneth Schermerhorn, took its design cues from famed European concert halls. Its classic appearance is enhanced by 30 soundproof windows, which allow natural sunlight or unnatural spaceship lights to stream in. A custom-built organ rings out through the hall, and a convertible seating design allows the hall to morph into a ballroom floor for cabaret shows or weddings.