A great live performance is something you’ll be able to describe to your kids someday, unlike the way they looked midbirth. Scream along to your favorites with this GrouponLive deal.
- $65 for two tickets to see Hank Williams, Jr. & Gregg Allman in concert (up to a $134.30 value)
- When: Friday, July 12, at 8 p.m.
- Where: Pensacola Bay Center
- Section: 100-level
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.<p>
Hank Williams, Jr.
* Hank Williams, Jr.'s sound: a fusion of southern rock, blues, and outlaw country * Why is it called outlaw country?: Rooted more in rock 'n' roll and the blues, outlaw country was created as an alternative to the Nashville Sound, which was viewed by many musicians as being watered-down twang. The genre is also noted for the grittier subject matter of its songs, which often focus on drinking, tumultuous romance, and smuggling dodo eggs across the state line. * What instruments does Hank Williams, Jr. play?: guitar, bass guitar, upright bass, steel guitar, banjo, keyboards, harmonica, fiddle, saxophone, dobro, drums, and piano * How many times has he won Entertainer of the Year?: five—three times from the Academy of Country Music and twice from the Country Music Association * What was the widely reported turning point in his life?: a near-fatal mountain fall in which "every single one of those [facial] bones was broken—every single one." * Because of this, he's usually not seen without: a beard, hat, pair of sunglasses, one can of bigfoot repellant * Hits you may hear: "Born to Boogie," "Whiskey Bent and Hell Bound," "All My Rowdy Friends (Have Settled Down)," and "Good Friends, Good Whiskey, Good Lovin'"
* Founding member of: The Allman Brothers Band * Genres: southern rock, blues, country, and gospel * Instruments: organ, guitar, and the vocal chords * Rolling Stone loved his voice so much they awarded him: #70 on their list of ["100 Greatest Singers of All Time"](http://gr.pn/14IU6Ek) * Extracurriculars: starred in the films Rush Week and Rush; made a cameo in Family Guy; wrote an autobiography; won a thumb war against Johnny Van Zant * What [Rolling Stone](http://gr.pn/11UNXGi) said about his 2011 album Low Country Blues: "It's the shades of blue in Allman's vocals...that make Low Country Blues an eerie pleasure with quietly persistent emotional conviction." * Songs you may hear at the concert: "Midnight Rider" (The Allman Brothers Band), "I'm No Angel" (Gregg Allman Band), and "Just Another Rider" (Gregg Allman)