What You'll Get
A great live performance is something you’ll be able to describe to your kids someday, unlike the way they looked midbirth. Scream along to your favorites with this GrouponLive deal.
- $65 for two tickets to see Hank Williams, Jr. & Gregg Allman in concert (up to a $134.30 value)
- When: Friday, July 12, at 8 p.m.
- Where: Pensacola Bay Center
- Section: 100-level
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.<p>
Hank Williams, Jr.
* Hank Williams, Jr.'s sound: a fusion of southern rock, blues, and outlaw country * Why is it called outlaw country?: Rooted more in rock 'n' roll and the blues, outlaw country was created as an alternative to the Nashville Sound, which was viewed by many musicians as being watered-down twang. The genre is also noted for the grittier subject matter of its songs, which often focus on drinking, tumultuous romance, and smuggling dodo eggs across the state line. * What instruments does Hank Williams, Jr. play?: guitar, bass guitar, upright bass, steel guitar, banjo, keyboards, harmonica, fiddle, saxophone, dobro, drums, and piano * How many times has he won Entertainer of the Year?: five—three times from the Academy of Country Music and twice from the Country Music Association * What was the widely reported turning point in his life?: a near-fatal mountain fall in which "every single one of those [facial] bones was broken—every single one." * Because of this, he's usually not seen without: a beard, hat, pair of sunglasses, one can of bigfoot repellant * Hits you may hear: "Born to Boogie," "Whiskey Bent and Hell Bound," "All My Rowdy Friends (Have Settled Down)," and "Good Friends, Good Whiskey, Good Lovin'"
* Founding member of: The Allman Brothers Band * Genres: southern rock, blues, country, and gospel * Instruments: organ, guitar, and the vocal chords * Rolling Stone loved his voice so much they awarded him: #70 on their list of ["100 Greatest Singers of All Time"](http://gr.pn/14IU6Ek) * Extracurriculars: starred in the films Rush Week and Rush; made a cameo in Family Guy; wrote an autobiography; won a thumb war against Johnny Van Zant * What [Rolling Stone](http://gr.pn/11UNXGi) said about his 2011 album Low Country Blues: "It's the shades of blue in Allman's vocals...that make Low Country Blues an eerie pleasure with quietly persistent emotional conviction." * Songs you may hear at the concert: "Midnight Rider" (The Allman Brothers Band), "I'm No Angel" (Gregg Allman Band), and "Just Another Rider" (Gregg Allman)
About Hank Williams Jr. & Gregg Allman
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jul 12, 2013. Limit 8 per person. Redeem starting 7/12 for a ticket at venue Box Office. Must show valid ID matching name on Groupon at Pensacola Bay Center. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Discount reflects Ticketmaster's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open 1 hour before showtime. For ADA seating, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.