Music Director David Alan Miller and soprano Talise Trevigne lead the Albany Symphony through Mozart’s “Linz” Symphony and more
What You'll Get
- Seating: premium parquet
- Must redeem tickets together at the venue to sit together
- Click here to view the seating chart
Albany Symphony: Mozart’s Linz Symphony
- Mozart—Symphony No. 36, Linz: Arriving for a brief stay in the Austrian town of Linz, Mozart was blindsided by the local count’s sudden announcement of a concert. Showcasing his remarkable powers of composition, he constructed his 36th symphony in a mere five days to appease his host.
- Barber—Knoxville: Summer of 1915: Written in the aftermath of the Second World War, Barber’s stirring piece—complete with text from James Agee’s Pulitzer-winning book, A Death in the Family—evokes a painful nostalgia, a longing for a simpler world.
- Also on the program: Pachelbel’s Canon in D and Andre Myers’ “Studies in Hope: Frederick Douglass”
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Dec 8, 2019. Refundable only within 24 hours of purchase. Limit 2/person, subject to ticket availability. Valid only for option purchased. Redemption in advance required by phone and visit Albany Symphony Box Office. Must redeem vouchers together to sit together. Merchant is issuer of tickets - discount reflects current ticket prices, which may change. ADA seating cannot be guaranteed; contact box office prior to purchase for availability. Ticket value includes all fees. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services. Offer is not eligible for our promo codes or other discounts.