- $20 for one ticket to Alchemy Dance Company’s Etherium: A Halloween Costume Ball (up to $32.50 value)
- When: Saturday, November 1, at 9 p.m.
- Where: Dorrance Hamilton Hall at The University of the Arts
- General admission
- Door time: 8:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Ages 18+ only
Etherium: A Halloween Costume Ball
- The dancing: an especially spooky version of Alchemy Dance Company’s contemporary mix of jazz, modern, and ballet styles
- The music: dubstep, goth/industrial, and dance mixes from DJ AnubisRex, who’s inspired by such terrifying subjects as outer space
- The costumes: Elaborate, eclectic, scary, alluring, or all of the above—don your best for a shot at a costume-contest prize.
- The treats: complimentary refreshments and spirits
Alchemy Dance Company
If an Alchemy Dance Company performance is fulfilling the company's mission, you won't just take in some contemporary dance—you'll get an "experience that transforms people's lives by broadening their perspectives, attitudes, and knowledge of themselves and the wider world." In keeping with that goal, the company's artists also immerse themselves in the community through community outreach programs. These include dance classes for children ages 3–5 at a nearby YMCA, discounted classes at Performance Garage, and workshops throughout the area designed to enhance self-expression and confidence while reducing the city's incidence of stubbed toes.