All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
- $75 for one six-week improv-comedy class and one ticket to a Friday or Saturday show (up to $150 value)
- When: through October 31; classes begin at 6:30 p.m.; shows begin at 7:30 p.m. or 9 p.m.
- Where: Alchemy Comedy Theater at Coffee Underground
- General admission
- Door time: 6:30 p.m.
No prior experience is needed to attend improv classes. Classes run once a week, for six weeks from 6:30-9 p.m. Class participants receive complimentary admission to Alchemy Comedy shows while they are enrolled in a class.
- Local Legends (Fridays at 9 p.m.): someone from the community, whether it’s a teacher, wrestler, or even the Mayor, starts the evening with a story from their life, which the troupe then uses as inspiration for several comedic scenes
- King of the Mountain (Saturdays at 7:30 p.m.): 4–10 ensemble members face off in a tournament where the audience is the judge. As the evening progresses, players get eliminated until only one remains
- Sketch Review (Saturdays at 9 p.m.): a sketch-comedy show with an off-the-cuff edge, Sketch Review lets the audience choose at random the order in which comedians present rehearsed sketches; expect a mix of political, serious, absurd, musical, and poignant pieces, followed by a smattering of improv in the show’s second half
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Oct 31, 2015. Limit 8 per person. Redeem on day of first class for a ticket at venue. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects Merchant's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. For ADA seating, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Ticket value includes all fees. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Alchemy Comedy Theater
At Alchemy Comedy Theater, local stories get transformed into laughter. The conversion happens on Friday nights during the Local Legends series, where a Greenville celebrity talks about their life, which becomes inspiration for a series of improvised scenes from Alchemy's performers. However, this is only one of the shows at the three-year-old comedy theater and training center. Other nights might feature long-form improv, standup sets, or showcases from one of Alchemy's six-week improv classes.