What You'll Get
Seeing one of your favorite bands is a transcendent experience, like seeing your favorite actor play your favorite president. Spoil your senses with this deal to The Werk Out Music and Arts Festival at Legend Valley in Thornville from Thursday, September 20 through Sunday, September 23. Check-in begins at noon each day. Choose from the following options:
- For $45, you get a general-admission pass, valid for Friday and Saturday, as well as Sunday morning (up to a $90 value, including fees). General-admission passes are good for festival admission, parking, and camping.
- For $55, you get a general-admission pass, valid Thursday–Saturday and Sunday morning (up to a $110 value, including fees).
- For $99, you get a VIP pass, valid for Friday and Saturday, as well as Sunday morning (up to a $207 value, including fees).
- For $110, you get a VIP pass, valid Thursday–Saturday (up to a $227 value, including fees).<p>
VIP passes include the following:
- Access to a separate, private VIP entrance
- VIP exclusive showers
- VIP exclusive camping close to parking and the music stages
- Golf-cart rides to and from the campsites and parking lots
- A private meet and greet with The Werks
- A Werk Out poster signed by The Werks
- A Werk Out T-shirt
- A Werk Out goodie bag
- Free photo booth to use at your convenience<p>
Conceived by the self-described psychedelic dance-rock group The Werks, The Werk Out Music and Arts Festival fosters a long weekend of good vibes, soul-nourishing art, and energetic music. With a lineup of more than four dozen bands and a schedule that stretches into the morning’s early hours, the event allows festivalgoers to satiate musical desires all night and win peekaboo games against the sun. In three sets throughout the weekend, Ohio natives The Werks plunge showgoers into mellow, dance-friendly jams infused with electronica and a healthy dose of funk.
Also performing, Lotus juggles genres while alternating effortlessly from guitar-driven jams to heavily sampled electronic beats, a musical approach ever-present in their 2008 album Hammerstrike, which Allmusic.com praised for its ability to mix “classic grunge rock, angular new wave, and electronic dance-rock.” The radically improvisational duo EOTO takes the stage without setlists, pre-written compositions, or karaoke teleprompters, cooking up completely new electronic music from scratch with a complicated system of instruments and computers. Originally formed in 1990, Rusted Root carries on its legacy of mellow, percussion-driven rock, best exemplified by the 1995 hit “Send Me On My Way,” with its infectiously repetitious “on my way” chorus.
Marking the autumn equinox, the festival features a theme of transformation and metamorphosis and encourages participants to arrive wearing costumes and art that represent spiritual rebirth. Additional onsite activities and displays include green and living-art installations; poi, hooping, and belly-dance workshops; and an arts village with a gallery of work by featured artists.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Sep 23, 2012. Amount paid never expires. Limit 10 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem starting day of event for a ticket at venue Will Call. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at The Werk Out Festival main ticketing gate. Must provide first and last name at checkout, which we will provide to facilitate redemption of voucher. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects AlchemyHouse's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open at 12 PM. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.