- Alice in Wonderland, presented by Tallahassee’s World Ballet
- When: Saturday, April 18, at 2:30 p.m. or 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Lee Hall Auditorium
- Seating: general admission
- Door time: one hour before showtime
- $25 for two tickets (up to $50 value)
- $45 for four tickets (up to $100 value)
Alice in Wonderland
Lewis Carroll’s intricately realized dreamworld leaps to life at the toes of an all-ages ensemble. Through elaborate costumes, innovative choreography, and striking stagecraft, artistic director Henry Hernandez reintroduces audiences young and old to the mischievous Cheshire Cat, the philosophical Caterpillar, and the Queen of Hearts’s unfortunate subjects. Alice encounters them all as she navigates a realm of size-changing elixirs, extraordinary tea parties, and enraged monarchs and attempts to find her way back up the rabbit hole.
Tallahassee's World Ballet
In August 2008, Tallahassee gained 6,000 square feet of dance space and a bunch of skilled dancers to fill it. Under the leadership of artistic director Henry Hernandez, the instructors of World Ballet help the next generation of dancers learn to leap, twirl, and avoid hurting gravity's feelings too badly. The performance arm of the organization brings to life classic ballets such as The Nutcracker and A Midsummer Night's Dream, as well as contemporary creations set to rock music.