All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
Ancient Greeks laid the foundations for contemporary theater by composing the first plays and stealing the first Tony Awards from Mount Olympus. Celebrate theatrical progress with today’s deal to one of The Gem Theatre’s holiday productions. Choose between the following options:
- For $44, you get two cabaret-seating tickets to see Sister’s Christmas Catechism: The Mystery of the Magi’s Gold at the Century Theatre (up to a $79 value). Tickets are valid for the any one of the following performances:
- Tuesday, December 20, at 7:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, December 21, at 7:30 p.m.
- Thursday, December 22, at 2:30 p.m.
- Thursday, December 22, at 7:30 p.m.
Friday, December 23, at 7:30 p.m.<p>
- For $44, you get two main-floor or mezzanine tickets to see The All Night Strut Holiday Show! at The Gem Theatre (up to an $89 value). Tickets are valid for any one of the following performances:
- Tuesday, December 20, at 8 p.m.
- Wednesday, December 21, at 8 p.m.
- Thursday, December 22, at 2 p.m.
- Thursday, December 22, at 8 p.m.
- Friday, December 23, at 8 p.m.<p>
Gem Theatre features open seating, tickets are assigned at time of purchase.
The Gem Theatre celebrates its 20th anniversary with two fun, energetic holiday shows. Specially adapted for the holiday season by the show’s original choreographer and director, The All Night Strut Holiday Show! showcases actors’ hoofing abilities with dances from the 1930s and ’40s and a substitution of every other floorboard with lava. The two-act musical sets dances against a series of high-energy, historically relevant vignettes as music by Duke Ellington, Frank Loesser, and Hoagy Carmichael swings and swoons around them. Penned by Late Nite Catechism author and comic Maripat Donovan, Sister’s Christmas Catechism: The Mystery of the Magi’s Gold weaves an interactive tale of an intrepid nun searching for the whereabouts of stolen gold with CSI-gleaned skills, detective tools, and a living nativity scene made up of hastily costumed audience members.
Connected by a single lobby, the Gem and Century Theatres share a history that dates to the early 19th century and includes a record-setting full-building move of 1,350 feet to save it from demolition. Inside, meticulously restored woodwork and tiling provide a haven for the eyes when overpowering belly laughs force them to turn away from the stage.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Dec 23, 2011. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1/person. Valid only for option purch. Redeem on day of show for a ticket at Gem or Century Theatre. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at Gem or Century Theatre. Must provide first and last name at checkout, which will be provided to Gem & Century Theatres. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Discount reflects Gem Theatre current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.