Comedy has long been used to subvert the established order, shedding light on modern life’s pervasive absurdities and fomenting distrust of potentially seltzer-filled boutonnieres. Discover some rollicking truths with this GrouponLive deal.
- Two tickets to see Cheech and Chong
- When: Wednesday, May 1, at 8 p.m.
- Where: Count Basie Theatre
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.<p>
- $48 for balcony section (up to a $115 value)
- $68 for mid-orchestra section (up to a $155 value)
- $88 for front-orchestra section (up to a $195 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart.<p>
Ages 16 and older – contains mature content.
Cheech and Chong
Iconic comedy duo Cheech and Chong engulf audiences in noncarcinogenic giggles on their 2013 tour. After nine hit albums, eight hit movies, and the suspicion of countless K-9 units, counter-culture connoisseurs Richard “Cheech” Marin and Tommy Chong continue to push boundaries as they tout their latest work, Cheech and Chong’s Animated Movie!, whose soundtrack features the single “Medical Marijuana Blues.” In their spiritually animated live show, the pair updates their bits for modern times while mixing classic routines such as “Where’s Dave” and “Let’s Make a Dope Deal.” Due to the intrinsic nature of their most ballyhooed hobby, every show is subject to surprises, which sometimes include fan-favorite musical numbers such as “Basketball Jones” or Cheech donning his pink tutu for the Up in Smoke acid-rock jam “Earache My Eye.”