Cupcakes are a convenient wedding-cake alternative at high-security movie-star weddings, where you're not permitted to have a knife. Have a celeb-ration with this GrouponLive deal.
- $15 for two one-day passes to America's Baking and Sweets Show (up to a $30 value)
- When: November 15–17
- Where: Renaissance Schaumburg Convention Center
- General admission
- Door time: Friday at 11 a.m.; Saturday and Sunday at 10 a.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view a schedule of demonstrations.
- Click here to view a schedule of hands-on classes.
The value of this deal is based on regular ticket prices and doesn't reflect student, senior, or teacher discounts. Children 12 and under are admitted free.
America's Baking and Sweets Show
- Celebrity sightings waiting to happen: Ace of Cakes' Duff Goldman and Sweet Dreams' Gale Gand headline
- Duff's home base: Charm City Cakes in Baltimore
- One of Duff's stangest cakes: Marie Antoinpup (Marie Antoinette with the face of a boston terrier)
- Gale Gand's home base: Chicago's Michelin-starred TRU
- Her awards: she was named Pastry Chef of the Year in 2001 by The James Beard Foundation and Bon Appétit
- Other notable confectioners in attendance: Geraldine Randlesome, the creator of the "Floating Collar" technique, and Brian Emmett, winner of CBS's The American Baking Competition
- The show's theme: Alice in Wonderland
- Where that theme appears: baking competitions, celebrity demos, classes, sugar-addled children trying to climb down rabbit holes
- Wait, classes? What classes?: For an additional fee, guests can partake in demos on topics such as wedding-cake design and hands-on classes on topics such as marzipan moulding
72% of 190 customers recommend
“Better to buy tickets on Groupon, a lot of savings”
“Check out the list of demonstrations when you get there, and work around those. Also, eat little for breakfast, for there are many samples to try.”
“I would like it to be bigger”