Without televised reality competitions, people would be forced to vote for things like presidents and would resort to using text messages to send messages of text. Text the word VOTE to an evening of joy with this GrouponLive deal.
- One ticket to America’s Got Talent Live
- When: Wednesday, November 6, at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: State Theatre in Playhouse Square
- Door time: 6:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees. <p>
- $31 for mezzanine A section (up to a $51.75 value)
- $43 for rows K–Z of the dress-circle section, including a souvenir lanyard and T-shirt (up to a $71.75 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart. <p>
America’s Got Talent Live
Upon its debut in June 2006, America’s Got Talent immediately steamrollered the reality-series competition with its foolproof premise. Diverging from the standard singers-only template of reality competitions, America’s Got Talent spotlights a broader spectrum of American entertainment where a ventriloquist, an 11-year-old yodeler, and even a dog doing a dance number from Grease have an equal opportunity to win a million dollars. Co-created by American Idol magnate Simon Cowell, the series unleashes a parade of comedians, magicians, musicians, jugglers, and dance acts to the judgment of a celebrity panel, which so far has featured knowing talent scouts such as Howie Mandel, David Hasselhoff, Heidi Klum, and Sharon Osbourne. Like taking a leap inside of a television where life has no commercial interruptions, the America’s Got Talent Live tour showcases winning and fan-favorite acts that avoided the dreaded “X” of the judges. Fans can expect to see season eight’s million-dollar winner, along with an eclectic assortment that could include preteen singers, twin magicians, speed painters, canine conga lines, or a guy singing “We Didn’t Start the Fire” backward in Esperanto.