What You'll Get
- $25 for two tickets to any show during the 2014-2015 season (up to $50 value)
- Seating: general admission
- Door time: 30 minutes prior to showtime
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click to view the season. Click on each show to view the schedule.
- Hello Again: Michael John LaChiusa’s musical, loosely inspired by Arthur Schnitzler’s salacious early 20th-century play La Ronde, creates a fantasia of sex and loneliness that spans multiple eras. (September 11–October 4)
- The Crucible: the Salem witch trials become an allegory for the McCarthy hearings of the 1950s in Arthur Miller’s exploration of mass hysteria, identity, and accusation (October 31–November 22)
- Picasso at the Lapin Agile: Steve Martin’s raucous comedy opens on a bar in Paris in 1904, where two young patrons—physicist Albert Einstein and a certain soon-to-be-famous painter—muse on the century to come, the nature of beauty, and whether or not fellow guest Charles Dabernow Schmendimen will ever make it as a philosopher. (March 5–28)
- Rust Belt Grotesque: two local playwrights, Justin Karcher and ART’s artistic director Matthew LaChiusa, explore the cobwebbed corners of regional history in new one-act plays (April 30–May 23)
American Repertory Theater of WNY
It started in 2008 with Axeman’s Jazz, an original play by artistic director Matthew LaChiusa that explored a terrifying (and true) series of murders. While the subject matter was dark, the reception was anything but, earning the fledgling American Repertory Theater of WNY its first ARTIE nomination. Since then, they’ve kept up their winning streak with acclaimed darker material, as well as comedies such as Neil Simon’s Laughter on the 23rd Floor. It’s not all plays, either—A.R.T. has explored the work of celebrated composer Michael John LaChiusa, a multiple Tony-nominee, native son, and sharer of the artistic director’s family tree.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires May 23, 2015. Amount paid never expires. Limit 4 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Reservation required. Redeem day of show for a ticket at venue box office. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at American Repertory Theater of Western New York. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must redeem together to sit together. Discount reflects American Repertory Theater of Western New York's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open 30 minutes before showtime. For ADA seating, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.