- $25 for two tickets to the Mardi Gras Celebration (up to $50 value)
- When: Friday, February 13, at 7 p.m.
- Where: Bittner Hall
- General admission
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
Mardis Gras Celebration
- What you’ll be celebrating: Mardi Gras and the second half of American Repertory Theater of WNY’s current season
- How you’ll celebrate it: with slam poetry from urban poets including 10k and Dana Ingerbreston, as well as the soul, funk, and rock stylings of Child of Folly
- What you’ll eat: either a bowl of turkey gumbo, a bowl of spicy rice and beans, a couple of bowls of steaming poetry
American Repertory Theater of WNY
It started in 2008 with Axeman's Jazz, an original play by artistic director Matthew LaChiusa that explored a terrifying (and true) series of murders. While the subject matter was dark, the reception was anything but, earning the fledgling American Repertory Theater of WNY its first ARTIE nomination. Since then, they've kept up their winning streak with acclaimed darker material, as well as comedies such as Neil Simon's Laughter on the 23rd Floor. It's not all plays, either—A.R.T. has explored the work of celebrated composer Michael John LaChiusa, a multiple Tony-nominee, native son, and sharer of the artistic director's family tree.