What You'll Get
- $37.50 for one G-Pass for seating in the rear-orchestra sides (up to $91.50 value)
- $47.50 for one G-Pass for seating in the mid-orchestra sides, rear-orchestra centre, or mezzanine sides (up to $101.50 value)
- $59 for one G-Pass for seating in the mid-orchestra centre or mezzanine centre (up to $118.25 value)
- Each option includes a copy of Amy Cuddy’s new book, Presence: Bringing your Boldest Self to your Biggest Challenges
- Click to view the seating chart
How G-Pass Works: Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won’t need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the Groupon mobile app. Discount reflects the merchant’s current ticket prices - price may differ on day of event.
An Evening with Amy Cuddy
- Who Amy Cuddy Is: an associate professor of business administration at Harvard
- Her Remarkable Story: While a student at University of Colorado at Boulder, she was in a terrible car accident, suffered extreme head trauma, and had her IQ drop two standard deviations. But she struggled to regain her lost abilities, and later returned to college with a newfound passion for social psychology.
- Where You’ve Seen Her: Her TED Talk on “power poses” is the second-most viewed TED Talk ever.
- What It Can Teach You: how nonverbal expressions of power—like holding a confident posture or burning a hundred-dollar bill—affect people’s feelings, behaviors, and hormone levels
- When You Can Use That Knowledge: By power posing, you can increase your appetite for risk, and potentially improve performance at job interviews. In other words, according to David Brooks of the New York Times, “If you act powerfully, you will begin to think powerfully.”
- Why You Should Check Out Her Book: In Presence, she expands on her findings with simple techniques for improving body language and mindset.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Mar 3, 2016. Limit 8/person. Valid only for option purchased. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Merchant reserves right to substitute closer seat. ADA seating cannot be guaranteed; contact box office prior to purchase for availability. Holder assumes all risk in connection with the event and releases Groupon, Ticketmaster, venue and their affiliates from any related claims. Not redeemable on mobile app. Ticket value includes all fees. Discount reflects Ticketmaster's current ticket prices, which may change. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Sony Centre For The Performing Arts
The largest soft-seat theatre in Canada, the Sony Centre for the Performing Arts is perhaps most famous for its overhanging marquee outside. The diagonal canopy and its snake-like rows of lights were restored to their original form in 2010, along with the facility’s wood, brass, and marble accents. Inside the lobby, York Wilson’s mural, The Seven Lively Arts, fills eyes with fractured, panoramic representations of various artistic media, from slanted musical staffs to menacing Greek theatre masks.