What You'll Get
- $26 for one general admission ticket (up to $40.17 value)
An Evening with Ricky Williams
- The Man: An introspective, unconventional, and even controversial running back who in 2004 walked away from a lucrative contract with the Dolphins to find himself, all while plagued by rumors of anxiety disorders and drug use. Meet the man behind the uniform; a family man, Heisman Trophy winner, and superstar whose life was transformed through the game of football.
- The Redemption: “It’s something that I had been pushing down my whole life. The search for meaning, I guess, the whispering of the soul.” Find himself he did, traveling to Australia where he dwelt in a tent for $7 a night, learning Ayurvedic healing in Grass Valley, California, and finally returning to Dolphins, and later, the Toronto Argonauts.
- The Movie: ESPN’s 30 for 30 episode “Run Ricky Run,” in which Ricky Williams frankly discusses his actions and struggles, and offers a nuanced perspective on his life not captured in the media coverage of the time. The episode focuses on his brief 2004 departure from the NFL, during which he sought self-redemption amidst media criticism and rumors of marijuana use.
- And Don’t Forget: In addition to the screening of the 30 for 30 episode, The Patio Theater will be hosting a live speaking engagement complete with motivational thoughts and an in-depth Q&A session with Ricky. Guests will have the opportunity to dive further into Ricky’s life by engaging in conversation with the man himself.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Mar 26, 2017. Limit 8/person. Redeem on day of show for a ticket at the venue box office. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects merchant's current ticket prices, which may change. ADA seating cannot be guaranteed; contact box office prior to purchase for availability. Ticket value includes all fees. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.