Virtually nothing can defeat the raw power of rock music, with the possible exception of paper music. Pump your fist with this GrouponLive deal.
- $20 for one ticket to see An Evening with Steve Vai (up to a $39.50 value)
- When: Saturday, October 19, at 9 p.m.
- Where: House of Blues Las Vegas
- Section: General admission standing
- Door time: 8 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the venue layout.
Wearing his trademark rectangular sunglasses with coloured lenses, Steve Vai stands at center stage, six-stringed Ibanez in hand. He fingerpicks his axe, then taps on a pedal that transforms its natural sound into a spacey wail akin to a theremin. Light bends during the solo. His emotional intensity waxes and wanes.
In concert, Vai appeases serious fans with more than 20 gems from his eight-album catalogue, whether it be the synth-heavy “Whispering a Prayer” or “Velorum,” a metal ballad packed with hypnotic harmonies from his latest release, The Story of Light. In addition to his standard set, he often puts an audience member on the spot, asking them to write an original tune and recite the alphabet backwards during a segment called Build Me a Song.