Live theater tends to be more thrilling than film, largely due to the heightened odds of seeing someone flub a line or deliver a stirring monologue while sitting in your lap. Witness truly dramatic close-ups with this GrouponLive deal to see Hanky Panky, presented by Apricot Sky Productions at Grove Street Theater in Montclair. For $49, you get two tickets (up to a $98 value, including all fees). Doors open 30 minutes before showtime. Choose from the following performances:
- Wednesday, April 18, at 7:30 p.m.
- Thursday, April 19, at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, April 21, at 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, April 22, at 2 p.m.
- Friday, April 27, at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, April 28, at 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, April 29, at 2 p.m.
- Thursday, May 3, at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, May 5, at 2 p.m.
- Sunday, May 6, at 7 p.m.<p>
Hanky Panky follows the antics of a Jewish family in 1950s Brooklyn as they navigate a plot filled with humor and song. With her son’s wedding approaching, the Zuckerman family’s matriarch decides to learn English so she can communicate with the most attendees. Known for his PBS-broadcasted comedy shows Too Jewish? and Too Jewish, Too! as well as numerous regional acting and directorial credits, Avi Hoffman takes on the role of the family’s uncle, a former theater star now working as a waiter at his wife’s restaurant.