- $20 for one ticket to Aradia Ensemble presents Thunderbird (up to $38.09 value)
- When: Saturday, June 27, at 8 p.m.
- Where: The Music Gallery
- General admission
- Door time: 7:30 p.m.
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
- The theme: the legend of the the First Nations Thunderbird
- Notable soloists: First Nations singer Marion Newman
- Highlights: Dustin Peters’s “Thunderbird,” which is written in the language of the West Coast Kwakwala
With period instruments in hand, the musicians of the Aradia Ensemble have spent the last two decades breathing new life into the music of the Baroque. In addition to a regular concert series that mixes beloved classics with oft-overlooked gems, the ensemble frequently pairs with dancers, actors, and non-classical musicians to create unusual juxtapositions that shed light on the intricacies of the baroque style and make 18th-century ghosts wish they'd known about zithers. Under the baton of maestro Kevin Mallon, the group has recently earned a Juno nomination and garnered acclaim for its annual Dublin Messiah, a recreation of the original Dublin performance of Handel's seminal Christmas piece in 1742.