- $22 for one ticket to see Master P and H-Town (up to $43.50 value)
- When: Friday, September 4, at 8:30 p.m.
- Where: Arena Theatre Houston
- Seating: sections 1–15, rows R–S
- Door time: 7:30 p.m.
- Click here to view the seating chart
- What Master P is Master of: helping to popularize hardcore rap; running the No Limit Records label; having a cool alias
- His original name: Percy Miller
- How No Limit got started: as a store
- What he learned in that store: that people were looking for a sound the major record labels weren’t producing
- How he responded: with albums such as Get Away Clean, 99 Ways to Die, and Only God Can Judge Me
- HIs hobbies: making movies such as I Got the Hook Up; negotiating the professional contract for Heisman Trophy winner Ricky Williams; a tryout with the Toronto Raptors
- What is H-Town: Houston, Texas
- Who are H-Town: Solomon “Shazam” Conner and Darryl “GI” Jackson
- Their H-sound: R&B that jumped off of new jack swing and dove into a pool of old-fashioned soul
- Their first big H-it: the innuendo-free “Knockin’ da Boots”
- What it H-won: it helped the group earn a Soul Train Music Award
- Check out: “Knockin’ Your Heels,” their footwear-centric follow-up
At Arena Theatre, nobody sits farther than 60 feet from the show. Most concertgoers who’ve squinted their ways through major concerts at other venues can attest that the in-the-round seating arrangement and revolving stage are causes for celebration. And the stars have noticed. Since the 1970s, the state-of-the-art venue has attracted a long list of legendary performers including Willie Nelson, Tom Jones, and Aretha Franklin. While their golden vocal chords ring through the stellar acoustics, fans sink into comfy seats, savor a flashy light system, and discard their unnecessary opera glasses.