All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
- $59 for two tickets to The Bar-Kays & Lakeside (up to $118.50 value)
- When: Saturday, December 6, at 8 p.m.
- Where: Arena Theatre
- Sections: 1–15, rows L–M
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
- Click here to view the seating chart
- Their funky origins: serving as house band for famed soul label Stax Records
- Which led to: a long stint backing Otis Redding and Booker T. before breaking out as their own group
- Bar-Kays hits that define funk: “Soul Finger,” “Son of Shaft,” “Boogie Body Land”
- Bar-Kays hit that defines, italicizes, and puts funk in boldface: ”Shake Your Rump to the Funk”
- Their funky origins: formed in Dayton, Ohio (home to aviation pioneers and acclaimed funk duo The Wright Brothers), they started out as featured members of a band called Liquid Funk
- Early singles displaying their love of the groove: “It’s All the Way Live,” “Pull My Strings”
- Biggest hit you know by heart: 1980’s “Fantastic Voyage”
- Other artists who have performed “Fantastic Voyage,” albeit without nearly as much funk as Lakeside: Coolio, Cedric the Entertainer, and the cast of Johnson Family Vacation
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Dec 6, 2014. Redeem starting 12/6 for a ticket at venue box office. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at Arena Theatre. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Discount reflects Arena Theatre's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open 1 hour before showtime. For ADA accommodations, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Arena Theatre
At Arena Theatre, nobody sits farther than 60 feet from the show. Most concertgoers who’ve squinted their ways through major concerts at other venues can attest that the in-the-round seating arrangement and revolving stage are causes for celebration. And the stars have noticed. Since the 1970s, the state-of-the-art venue has attracted a long list of legendary performers including Willie Nelson, Tom Jones, and Aretha Franklin. While their golden vocal chords ring through the stellar acoustics, fans sink into comfy seats, savor a flashy light system, and discard their unnecessary opera glasses.