- One G-Pass to see Aretha Franklin
- When: Saturday, July 12
- Where: DTE Energy Music Theatre
- Door time: one hour before showtime
- Ticket values include all fees.
- $12.50 for general admission to the lawn (up to $20.35 value)
- $27.50 for seating in the pavilion (up to $45.80 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart.
How G-Pass Works: Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won’t need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the Groupon mobile app. Discount reflects the merchant’s current ticket prices - price may differ on day of event.
- Her undisputed nickname: The Queen of Soul
- Her ranking on Rolling Stone’s list of 100 Greatest Singers: #1
- Halls of Fame she’s been inducted into: three—the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1987, the UK Music Hall of Fame in 2005, and the GMA Gospel Music Hall of Fame in 2012
- If the number of Grammy awards she’s won were a person’s age, that person would be: able to vote in his or her first election
- Also the winner of: the 2005 Presidential Medal of Freedom
- Her signature song: “Respect,” penned by Otis Redding and lauded as an anthem for civil rights, feminism, and spelling bee champions
- Other chart toppers: “(You Make Me Feel Like A) Natural Woman,” “Chain of Fools,” “Think,” “I Never Loved a Man (The Way I Love You),” “I Say a Little Prayer”
- Artists who have cited her as an influence: Mary J. Blige, Natalie Cole, Fantasia Barrino, Jennifer Hudson