All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
- $55.75 for one ticket for seating in balcony rows P–AA
- $75.75 for one ticket for seating in balcony rows F–N
- Click to view the seating chart
- Her undisputed nickname: The Queen of Soul
- Her ranking on Rolling Stone’s list of 100 Greatest Singers: #1
- Halls of Fame she’s been inducted into: three—the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1987, the UK Music Hall of Fame in 2005, and the GMA Gospel Music Hall of Fame in 2012
- If the number of Grammy awards she’s won were a person’s age, that person would be: able to vote in his or her first election
- Also the winner of: the 2005 Presidential Medal of Freedom
- Her signature song: “Respect,” penned by Otis Redding and lauded as an anthem for civil rights, feminism, and spelling bee champions
- Other chart toppers: “(You Make Me Feel Like A) Natural Woman,” “Chain of Fools,” “Think,” “I Never Loved a Man (The Way I Love You),” “I Say a Little Prayer”
- Artists who have cited her as an influence: Mary J. Blige, Natalie Cole, Fantasia Barrino, Jennifer Hudson
The Riverside Theater
As vaudeville heaved its last breaths in the late 1920s, RKO’s Riverside Theater opened in 1928 and served as a performance hall for just a few years before Warner Brothers took it over to screen their films. Decades of neglect followed, reaching a nadir in 1966 when a carelessly tossed cigarette butt incinerated the proscenium’s drapery, prompting the cash-conscious owners to replace the opulent teal velour with workmanlike duvetyn. A slated demolition in 1982 nearly replaced the theater with a shopping mall before a coalition of citizens convinced philanthropist Joseph Zilber to save the space. In the subsequent renovations, craftsmen installed plush red drapery, overhauled the obsolete lighting, and repainted the faded French Baroque gilding of the auditorium, restoring the elegant space to its former glory and inspiring it to get back out on the theater dating scene.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jun 3, 2016. Limit 8/person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem on day of show for a ticket at the venue box office. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Discount reflects merchant's current ticket prices, which may change. ADA seating cannot be guaranteed; contact box office prior to purchase for availability. Ticket value includes all fees. Not valid in combination with promo codes. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.