All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
- One G-Pass to I Rock the Mic, featuring MC Lyte, Doug E. Fresh, Rakim and more
- When: Sunday, December 7, at 6 p.m.
- Where: Arie Crown Theater
- Door time: 5 p.m.
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
- $50 for front balcony seating (up to $79.95 value)
- $40 for rear balcony seating (up to $69.21 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart
How G-Pass Works: Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won’t need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the mobile app. Discount reflects the merchant’s current ticket prices - price may differ on day of event.
I Rock the Mic
- MC Lyte: This pioneer’s achievements include being the first female rapper to release a full length album, the first female rapper to be nominated for a Grammy, and the first female solo artist to receive BET’s “I Am Hip Hop” Icon Lifetime Achievement Award.
- Doug E. Fresh: The beatboxing pro filled his resume by originating the club chant “Heyyyyyyy, YO!…I-iiiiight” in the hit “I-ight” and contributions to classic hits such as “The Show,” “All the Way to Heaven,” and “Virgo.” He was also recently given BET’s 2014 I am Hip Hop Award.
- Slick Rick: Allmusic dubbed the Grammy-nominated rapper “hip-hop’s greatest storyteller” for reasons that become obvious when listening to hits such as “La Di Da Di” and “Children’s Story.”
- Rakim: formerly of Eric B. and Rakim, the now-solo artist has recently collaborated with DMX and Linkin Park
- Big Daddy Kane: The Grammy-winning rapper and former member of the Juice Crew’s mix of rapid-fire rhymes and swagger inspired generations of MCs, including former hype man Jay-Z
- Crucial Conflict: Best known for the mid-‘90s hit “Hay,” the Chicago-based hip-hop group has recently been hinting at releasing new music.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Dec 7, 2014. Limit 8 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Not redeemable on mobile app. Use for admission at Arie Crown Theater on 12/7. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Doors open 1 hour before showtime. Merchant reserves the right to substitute closer seat assignment. For ADA accommodations, call box office immediately after purchase - availability is limited. Holder assumes all risk in connection with the event and releases Groupon and its affiliates, Ticketmaster, the venue and their affiliates from any related claims. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Arie Crown Theater
The Arie Crown Theater—named after Lithuanian-native business tycoon, Arie Crown, and Theater, his loyal shar pei—has been a Chicago staple since 1960. Although its home at McCormick Place caught fire in 1967, somehow the theater was spared. It emerged from the smoke to welcome the biggest names in entertainment to its stage, acts including the Rolling Stones, the Temptaitions, the Bolshoi Ballet, and Jerry Seinfeld as well as stagings of Hello Dolly with Carol Channing and The King and I with Yul Brenner.