- $19 for two general-admission tickets to Sock Hop Tuesday (up to $40 value)
- When: Tuesdays, September 30–December 9, at 6 p.m.
- Where: Arizona Event Center
- Door time: 5 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees
Sock Hop Tuesday
- On the dance floor: anyone eager to twist, shout, and cut a rug
- On the stage: Come Back Buddy, a Buddy Holly tribute
- In the band: Mike Randall on lead vocals and guitar, Janine Randall on bass, and Don Rinehart on drums—also, sometimes, Dean Randall on tenor sax
- In the songbook: hits by Buddy Holly and the Crickets, Elvis, Chuck Berry, Johnny Cash, Roy Orbison, and other ’50s faves
- How to get in the spirit: wear your best poodle skirt and forget the last 60 years of world history
Arizona Event Center
Wanting to see more art, music, and entertainment in their town, a few local businessmen decided to take matters into their own hands and build a venue flexible enough to host all three. Their creation—the 30,000 square foot Arizona Event Center—boasts three stages between the back theater and front pavilion, comfortably hosting up to 4,000 guests at any given time. They rent the versatile space out for concerts, sporting events, trade shows, comedy nights, and even weddings, enhancing each experience with a professional lighting and sound system.
While the place itself is already impressive, the owners supplement its intrinsic charms with local business partnerships. The Mesa Police Department oversees certain security duties, liquor and energy drink companies supply complementary goods as advertisements, visitors are served food, snacks, and drinks, both alcoholic and non-alcoholic, and Clean Air Cab makes sure that plenty of vehicles are on hand to ferry away partiers who took advantage of the full bar or donated their rides to a monster truck rally.