- 3 Shades of Funny
- When: Saturday, October 17, at 8 p.m. or 10 p.m.
- Where: Arizona Event Center
- Door time: one hour before showtime
- $10 for one general-admission ticket (up to $15 value)
- $15 for two general-admission tickets (up to $30 value)
- $62 for a VIP table for four, including a bottle of house wine (up to $150 value)
3 Shades of Funny
- Genevieve Rice: seen at The Comedy Spot and Tempe Improv, this comedian blends truth and reality into one gooey pile of hilarity
- Danny Serrano: this comic has waxed poetic on Arizona life and his Latino culture at comedy clubs and theaters
- Gabe Biel: after leaving South Sudan and war-torn Ethiopia, Gabe came to the US and began crafting his high-energy style of standup
Arizona Event Center
Wanting to see more art, music, and entertainment in their town, a few local businessmen decided to take matters into their own hands and build a venue flexible enough to host all three. Their creation—the 30,000 square foot Arizona Event Center—boasts three stages between the back theater and front pavilion, comfortably hosting up to 4,000 guests at any given time. They rent the versatile space out for concerts, sporting events, trade shows, comedy nights, and even weddings, enhancing each experience with a professional lighting and sound system.
While the place itself is already impressive, the owners supplement its intrinsic charms with local business partnerships. The Mesa Police Department oversees certain security duties, liquor and energy drink companies supply complementary goods as advertisements, visitors are served food, snacks, and drinks, both alcoholic and non-alcoholic, and Clean Air Cab makes sure that plenty of vehicles are on hand to ferry away partiers who took advantage of the full bar or donated their rides to a monster truck rally.