- $7 for one general-admission ticket ($16 value)
- Available dates: Friday, January 8, at 6 p.m. (Michigan State) or Saturday, January 23, at 1 p.m. (UCLA)
Season tickets are also available on the Arizona Wildcats website for $20.
The Scouting Report
- Who’s in charge: Head coach Tabitha Yim begins her first season at the helm after serving as an assistant coach at Stanford for the past five seasons.
- GymCats to watch for: this season’s captains, including seniors Danielle Buchanan and Jessie Sisler, and junior Krysten Howard
- A shot at revenge: Beating UCLA on January 23 would be especially sweet considering the Bruins edged the Wildcats last January by a final score of 195.575–195.300.
University of Arizona Wildcats
Over the years, the University of Arizona’s athletic teams have been linked together by one phrase: “bear down.” Now the official battle cry of the Wildcats, those were the dying words of an iconic student-athlete, John “Button” Salmon, who died in 1926 after a fatal car accident. Since then, the phrase has stood behind countless milestone moments, such as when Lute Olson, in 1983, became the 11th head coach of the Wildcats men’s basketball team, setting off a string of 25 consecutive NCAA Tournament appearances—including a national title in 1997. Several other national titles belong to Arizona outside of the hardwood, including four from the men’s baseball team and eight from the women’s softball program. Every fall inside Arizona Stadium, the Wildcats football team rouses up to 56,000 fans with hard-hitting Pac-12 showdowns, by far the most popular event on campus behind the linguistics department’s weekly phonetics bee.