- $10 for one ticket to a performance in the Arts for Art Evolving Pop-Up Series: Our Earth/Our World (up to $22 value)
- When: April 14–May 1, Tuesdays–Saturdays at 7 p.m.
- Where: Arts for Art
- Seating: general admission
- Door time: 6:30 p.m.
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
- Click here to view the Evolving Pop-Up Series schedule
Arts for Art Evolving Pop-Up Series: Our Earth/Our World
Improvisation is a common theme throughout this series of jazz concerts, poetry readings, and dance shows. Here’s a closer look at a few of the events.
ZenBeatz (Tuesday, April 14)
While Albey Balgochian creates soundscapes driven by funk and jazz, his partner Jane B. Grenier delivers spoken word poetry in the spirit of social activists of the 1960s.
Garrison Fewell Ensemble (Saturday, April 25)
Jazz guitarist Garrison Fewell has been touring the world for more than 35 years, collaborating constantly with avant garde artists including pianist Fred Hersch and saxophonist John Tchicai and prompting The New Yorker to dub him “an assured stylist with a strong sense of tradition.”
Larry Roland and James Brandon Lewis Duo (Friday, May 1)
Saxophonist Lewis recently dropped his bluesy debut album Divine Travels, while bassist Roland draws on centuries of jazz traditions in his music and poetry.