What You'll Get
The electric guitar is an incredibly versatile instrument—you can use it to command a crowd’s attention in a stadium or as a mediocre shovel at home. Watch artists who understand their tools with this deal.
- Two tickets to see Frampton’s Guitar Circus, featuring Peter Frampton, B.B. King, and Sonny Landreth
- When: Monday, August 5, at 7 p.m.
- Where: Musikfest’s Sands Steel Stage at PNC Plaza
- Door time: 6:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees. <p>
- $48 for grandstand seating (up to a $96 value)
- $63 for reserved 100-level seating (up to a $126 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart. <p>
Frampton’s Guitar Circus
- Year Frampton began playing guitar: 1966
- Accomplishments of 1978’s Frampton Comes Alive!: made the live-double-album format popular; gave the world “Baby, I Love Your Way,” “Show Me The Way,” and “Do You Feel Like We Do”
- How you’ll be able to augment your memories of the show: every show on the tour is being taped for a later digital release; Frampton randomly gives an autographed setlist to one lucky fan at every stop
- How B.B. King was once praised by Carlos Santana: “I can hear B. B. King with the sound off on a TV, just by looking at his face.”
- Additional revelation King’s performance inspired in Santana: he should probably fix his TV
- Rate at which King has released albums: about one every year and a half, assuming he started at the age of three months
- People who have collaborated with slide guitarist Sonny Landreth: Eric Clapton, Jimmy Buffet, John Hiatt, Eric Johnson, Mark Knopfler, and Buckwheat Zydeco
- Artists whose records Landreth has graced (in addition to his 11 solo releases): Dolly Parton, Harry Connick, Jr.
- Landreth’s signature technique: wearing the slide on his pinky while using his other fingers to fret notes above it
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Aug 5, 2013. Limit 8/person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem on 8/5/13 at venue. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at Sands Steel Stage box office trailer on 1st St. starting at 5 p.m. on day of event. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Discount reflects ArtsQuest's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open at 6:30pm. For ADA seating, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.