What You'll Get
- One ticket to Mejia Ballet International performs Tchaikovsky’s The Nutcracker
- When: Friday, December 20–Sunday, December 22
- Where: Lila Cockrell Theater
- Door time: one hour before showtime
- Ticket values include all fees.<p>
- $15 for Value seating (up to a $29 value)
- $22 for Advantage seating (up to a $44 value)
- $35 for Superior seating (up to a $69 value)
- $55 for Premium seating (up to a $110 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart.<p>
Dates and Times
- Friday, December 20, at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, December 21, at 2 p.m.
- Saturday, December 21, at 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, December 22, at 2 p.m.<p>
Paul Mejia International’s The Nutcracker
The Nutcracker weaves a magical tale of holiday adventure. Clara, the story’s heroine, receives a nutcracker from her godfather, a wizardly toymaker named Drosselmeyer. Sneaking downstairs to see the toy after everyone else has gone to bed, Clara suddenly finds herself caught in the middle of a pitched battle between the toys and an army of mice. After saving the nutcracker with a well-thrown shoe to the Mouse King’s head, Clara and her now-living prince venture into the Land of Snow and the Land of Sweets to celebrate amid the dances of nimble snowflakes and the regal Sugar Plum Fairy.
Tchaikovsky’s score features some of the most recognizable tunes in the repertoire, repurposed beyond the ballet world in works including Disney’s Fantasia. Notable sections include the Waltz of the Snowflakes, which floats weightlessly above the angelic voices of a youth choir, and the second act’s medley of exotic national dances, including a Spanish bolero and Russian Trepak. The Dance of the Sugarplum Fairy’s music-box-like theme springs from a celesta, a new instrument Tchaikovsky came across in Paris and hurriedly inserted into the score before his musical rivals could make use of its haunting, bell-like sound.<p>
The Fine Print
Expiration varies. Limit 8 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Reservation required. Redeem starting day of purchase for a ticket online at ARTS San Antonio website. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at ARTS San Antonio office to redeem in person. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must redeem together to sit together. Discount reflects ARTS San Antonio's current ticket prices-may differ day of event. Doors open 1 hour before showtime. For ADA seating, call ARTS San Antonio's office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About ARTS San Antonio
ARTS San Antonio brings cultural magic from around the country to South Texas. Chicago’s Joffrey Ballet, Cuba’s Arturo Sandoval, and New York’s Spanish Harlem Orchestra have all been presented by ARTS SA to enrich the community.