- $20 for one G-Pass to see A$AP Rocky with Tyler, the Creator, Danny Brown, and Vince Staples (up to $35.60 value)
- When: Saturday, September 26, at 6:30 p.m.
- Where: DTE Energy Music Theatre
- General-admission lawn
- Door time: 5 p.m.
- Click to view the venue layout
How G-Pass Works: Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won’t need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the Groupon mobile app. Discount reflects the merchant’s current ticket prices - price may differ on day of event.
- Originally known as: Rakim Mayers, named after hip-hop legend Rakim of Eric B. & Rakim
- A$AP Mob: the collective of likeminded rappers, producers, music-video directors, and fashion designers of which he’s a member and breakout artist (alongside acts such as A$AP Ferg and A$AP Nast)
- How he stood out from the Mob: with the hooks and hazy swagger found in his debut mixtape, Live. Love. ASAP, which led to hits “Pe$o” and “Purple Swag,” an enviable record contract with RCA, and an attention-grabbing grade of 8.2 out of 10 from Pitchfork
- How he kept up the momentum: with 2013’s Long. Live. ASAP, which spawned the hit “Goldie,” and 2015’s At. Long. Last. ASAP, which, just like its predecessor, debuted in the No. 1 spot on Billboard 200
- The latest hits: the dreamy “L$D,” “Lord Pretty Flacko Jodye 2 (LPFJ2),” and “Everyday” which features unexpected input from Miguel and Rod Stewart
- Tyler, the Creator: this button-pushing rapper and co-founder of hip-hop collective Odd Future (which counts Frank Ocean as a member) grabbed fans’ ears with 2011’s Goblin before hitting them with the one-two punch of Wolf and Cherry Bomb
- Danny Brown: this Detroit native’s 2011 album, XXX, was voted Rap Album of the Year by Spin magazine, paving the way for 2013’s Billboard-charting Old
- Vince Staples: Staples has made waves with his latest, Summertime ‘06, prompting Pitchfork to write, “Staples has become an increasingly powerful communicator, and on Summertime ‘06, his lines are sharp enough that every word digs into meat”