With this special GrouponLive deal, you get to see the Dave Matthews Band Sandy Relief Benefit Concert at the Izod Center in East Rutherford on Friday, November 30, at 7 p.m. Doors open at 6 p.m. Choose between the following options:
- For $55, you get one G-Pass for seats in rows 12 through 15 of upper sections 201-212 or 235-244 (a $66.10 value, including all fees).
- For $385, you get a Groupon-exclusive package of one G-Pass for seating in lower section 110 or 120 (a $96.85 value, including all fees), plus one VIP package (a $300 total value). The VIP package contains the following:
- Access to an exclusive preshow hospitality area from 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Complimentary hors d’oeuvres and beverages
- One limited-edition souvenir event poster
- One voucher redeemable for a single purchase of DMB merchandise
- One laminated-pass souvenir and lanyard<p>
Because the ticket is a G-Pass, Groupon customers can use it to enter the venue directly; they will not need to redeem their Groupon at will call.
Since 1999, Dave Matthews and his multiple Grammy Award–winning act, the Dave Matthews Band, have channeled their successes into their charity organization Bama Works. In the wake of Hurricane Sandy, the band goes above and beyond a rock star’s call of duty, using their draw to help repair the lives of those gravely affected by the superstorm. In lieu of supporting their latest No. 1 album, Away from the World, the band has transformed November 30, the first date of their winter tour, into a fundraiser for the Bama Works Sandy Relief Fund in cooperation with the Community Foundation of New Jersey. Having already pledged $1 million toward regional recovery efforts, the band is donating all proceeds generated from ticket sales and merchandise to the fund. While fans bounce and groove for a worthy cause, they’ll hear the signature fusion of jam, funk, and feel-good rock that has defined DMB’s more than 20-year career, as heard in radio-dominating tracks such as “Ants Marching,” “Stay (Wasting Time),” and “The Space Between.”
Opening the show, Grammy-winning reggae legend and Rock and Roll Hall of Famer Jimmy Cliff enchants with Jamaican tunes from his latest album, Rebirth, as well as humanistic classics from his seminal album The Harder They Come. Those who can’t make it to the show or want to help even more are encouraged to text 85944 to make a $10 donation to the Bama Works Sandy Relief Fund. <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/cVduVPp1hgI" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen="allowFullScreen"></iframe>
Due to security restrictions, G-Passes must be printed out and presented in person at the event. They cannot be redeemed through Groupon’s mobile app.
50 Hwy. 120
East Rutherford, NJ 07073