During this virtual event, a passionate guide will take the participants on an engaging tour around some of Broadway’s popular eateries
About This Deal
- General admission
- This is a virtual event, which means you’ll watch a live stream of the show/performance remotely while you practice social distancing from the comfort of your own home. To access the live stream on your computer or mobile device, visit the provided link and enter the redemption code located in the center of your voucher.
- Date and time: March 17, 2021, at 8 p.m. EST, March 21, 2021, at 3 p.m. EST and March 30, 2021, at 8 p.m. EST
At This Theatre: Broadway Bar Crawl - Playbill Experiences
- The event: Stunning stage performances and great food are by many considered two major landmarks of Broadway. During this virtual event, theatre enthusiasts can get comfortable in the privacy of their homes while learning the unique and fascinating histories of some of Broadway’s most beloved eateries.
- The host: Tim Dolan is the owner of “Green Team”—a company hosting up-close walking tours around Broadway. After completing his high school education, Tim moved to New York City to pursue a career in the arts. Aside from performing in off-Broadway productions of plays such as “Once Upon A Mattress” or “Altar Boyz”, Tim also starred in season 2 of HBO’s “Boardwalk Empire”. Tim is also a member of Actors’ Equity Association and worked as an arts educator at Rosie’s Theatre Kids. On top of that, Tim owns a gift shop in the middle of Times Square that offers custom, one-of-a-kind Broadway merchandise. Tim loves to use his storytelling skills to share his love for Broadway history with participants of both in-person and virtual tours.
- The places: From theatre restaurants available to male patrons only in the 1880s, through the Lobster Palaces of the early 1900s, to the venues that are most popular nowadays—Tim will explore all that and much more.
London West End Theatre Tour - Playbill Experiences
The event: Explore more of London’s sparkling West End theatre district with Neil Maxfield as he takes you to the theatrical home of Gilbert & Sullivan, the Savoy, with its world renowned hotel. Explore the most magnificent architecture of the London Coliseum and discover more about Stephen Sondheim and Styles & Drew at the Wyndham’s and Noel Coward Theatres.
- The host: Neil Maxfield has been performing from a young age and has performed on the two largest stages in the West End; Theatre Royal Drury Lane (Sweet Charity) and The London Palladium (Solo Artist). He has won first prize in two National singing competitions for Musical Theatre and has spent many years as a professional solo artist and actor, toured a musical show around the North and performed shows off West End. Neil also performs cabaret in the West End his latest was Rodgers & Hammerstein Collaborations which he also performed online last year along with his sell out West End cabaret Pret a Porter.
- The places: The Savoy, Wyndham’s, Noel Coward Theatres and the London Coliseum.
Untold Stories of Broadway Live: The St. James Theatre
The event: Join Jennifer Ashley Tepper, author of The Untold Stories of Broadway book series, on a virtual adventure through the secret history of our beloved Broadway theaters. On March 30, explore the thrilling history of Broadway’s St. James Theatre, from landmark musicals like Oklahoma!, Hello, Dolly!, and The Producers to ghost stories and hilarious backstage legends.
The host: Jennifer Ashley Tepper is producer of the musicals Be More Chill, Broadway Bounty Hunter, and Love In Hate Nation, recent projects that are part of a decade-long collaboration with the group known as Joe Iconis & Family. She is the Creative and Programming Director at Feinstein’s/54 Below, where she has curated or produced over 3000 shows. Tepper’s three volumes of The Untold Stories of Broadway book series have been called an “inspiring Must-Read” by NBC New York. She is the conceiver and director of The Jonathan Larson Project, historian consultant on the upcoming tick, tick… BOOM! movie and co-creator of the Bistro Award- winning concert series, If It Only Even Runs A Minute. Tepper recently received a 2020 Lincoln Center Emerging Artist Award.