In 1891, James Naismith mounted two peach baskets on opposite walls of a gym, inventing the rudimentary version of what we know today as “shelving.” Take your basketball off this grand innovation with today’s GrouponLive deal: for $17, you get one ticket to see an Atlanta Dream home game at the Philips Arena (a $35 value). Seating is located in sections 114–116. Choose from the following games:
• Against the Los Angeles Sparks on Thursday, July 28, at 7 p.m.
• Against the New York Liberty on Tuesday, August 2, at 7:30 p.m.
• Against the Seattle Storm on Sunday, August 7, at 3 p.m.
• Against the Connecticut Sun on Friday, August 19, at 7:30 p.m.
• Against the Indiana Fever on Tuesday, August 30, at 7:30 p.m.
Since its inaugural 2008 season, the Atlanta Dream has enamored WNBA fans with graceful layups, sky-high jump shots, and oodles of rebounds. Take in the game from prime center court seats, and clap as the Dream barrels across the court and races from hoop to hoop with their legs bound in potato sacks. In addition to leading the Eastern Conference lineup at the 2011 All-Star Game, forward Angel McCoughtry tops the Dream's scoring stats, logging 17.3 points per game over the course of the 2011 season. Like a professional Battleship captain, forward-center Erika de Souza sinks field goals with remarkable accuracy, earning a .485 percentage over 15 games. With an 18,729-fan capacity and nearly two dozen concession stands, Phillips Arena brims with applause and beak polishers for tossing at Star, the Dream's avian mascot.