What You'll Get
A cappella groups can mimic an entire orchestra, from the ping of a triangle to the self-pitying sigh of a triangle player. Sound off with this GrouponLive deal.
- $20 for two tickets to the Atlanta Vocal Project Spring Show (up to $40 value)
- Where: St. David's Episcopal Church
- Section: general admission
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Saturday, May 17, at 2 p.m. Doors open at 1 p.m.
- Saturday, May 17, at 7 p.m. Doors open at 6 p.m.
Atlanta Vocal Project Spring Show
- The main goal of this year's spring show: to delight audiences with the barbershop harmonies and bottomless charm of two of the nation's top choral troupes
- The other goal: to raise funds so the Atlanta Vocal Project can travel to a contest in Las Vegas in July, since most of the performers don't have their own wings
- What to expect from the AVP: snapping, crackling, and popping tunes from their repertoire of Broadway and jazz standards
- What to expect from special guests A Might Wind: the gale-force crooning that has made them the third-ranked quartet in the world
- The best reason to arrive an hour early: to catch the silent auction, featuring prizes such as trips, gift baskets, and signed music and sports memorabilia
Atlanta Vocal Project
The concept behind the Atlanta Vocal Project is simple: men who love to sing get together and do just that. How they sing, however, is anything but basic, as richly blended a capella barbershop harmonies are their stock in trade. They lend those harmonies to the works of the Great American Songbook, loading their repertoire with Broadway standards and the swinging jazz remixes of Frank Sinatra and Ella Fitzgerald.
The performers of AVP have accrued many accomplishments under their cummerbunds in the few years they've been together. Under the baton of award-winning arranger Clay Hine and the umbrella of the Barbershop Harmony Society, they've been named the 2014 Dixie District Championship Chorus and won the admiration of the community for their support of music education. But perhaps their greatest achievement is fulfilling their mission of "keeping the whole world singing," by spreading the joy of old-fashioned entertainment to the next generation of tenors and basses.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires May 17, 2014. Limit 8 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem starting 5/17 for a ticket at venue box office. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at St. David's Episcopal Church. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects Atlanta Vocal Project's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open 1 hour before showtime. For ADA accommodations, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.