Metaphors for laughter are often surprisingly violent, from busting a gut to splitting your sides to tumbling down the jagged face of Joke Mountain. Break a funny bone with this GrouponLive deal.
- Two tickets to see AudioBody: Thrilling High-Tech Comedy
- Where: Freeport Theater of Awesome
- Section: general admission
- Door time: 30 minutes before showtime
- Ticket values include all fees.<p>
- $15 for a 2 p.m. show on July or August (up to a $30 value)
- $22 for a 7:30 p.m. show on any Saturday in July or August (up to a $44 value)
- $22 for a 7:30 p.m. show on any Friday in August (up to a $44 value)<p>
AudioBody: Thrilling High-Tech Comedy
Sibling rivalry can be disastrous—especially when it explodes onstage. But when mixed with a healthy dose of electronic music and a dash of juggling, disaster can transform into hilarity. During each performance of AudioBody: Thrilling High-Tech Comedy, brothers Matt and Jason Tardy let their habit of one-upping each other steer a spectacle of kaleidoscopic strobes, LED lights, and dancing. What results is a theatricality on par with the Blue Man group, and a mad comedy akin to the Marx Brothers. And this mix has drawn crowds, carting the brothers Tardy from the White House, to the Bahamas, to Reno casinos, and back.
Freeport Theater of Awesome
Freeport Theater of Awesome's name says it all. After taking over the Freeport Factory Stage, a pair of Maine natives with three White House gigs under their metaphoric belt, and pants under their actual belts, re-named the theater and re-branded its programming to fit their high-energy, genre-bending style. This was Matt and Jason Tardy, brothers aiming to fill what they felt was a void left in the wake of Oddfellow Theater's closing. So the Tardys started stocking the Awesome calendar with magic-and-comedy performances and their own high tech comedy and music shows, reestablishing a go-to venue for family-friendly entertainment.