Riders sip on hot cocoa and nibble Christmas cookies while chatting with Santa and enjoying a live reading of the North Pole Flyer book
About This Deal
- What’s included:
- Tour on coach-style cars: New Braunfels, Buckeye Lake, Buckeye Trail, or Silver Pine
- Visit from Santa
- Unlimited hot chocolate
- Entertainment such as coloring sheets, crayons, and visits from Mrs. Claus on selected rides
- Valid for coach tickets and coach tickets with lap child options
- Lap child must be under 3 years old
- All North Pole Flyer rides are departing from the historic 1912 Bertram Depot
- Customers should arrive no later than 30-45 minutes prior to departure
- For safety reasons, the doors will close for seating 10 minutes prior to departure.
- The ride is two hours long, round trip and the train does not de-board anywhere along the journey.
About Austin Steam Train Association
Austin Steam Train Association recreates steam-era railroading for guests who want a taste of the picturesque past. Rides aboard its diesel locomotive often include stops in Bertram to admire a restored 1912 train depot. Guests can ride in authentic cars from a variety of different historic trains. What's more, the diesel also hosts a variety of special events, including murder-mystery parties, holiday-themed rides, wine-tasting rides, and once-a-year, a kid-friendly adventure led by Thomas the Tank Engine.
When workers aren't running the trains, they're working on rebuilding them. The association originally began with the goal of refurbishing a Southern Pacific 786 locomotive that had sat in Austin park. It aims to get the locomotive back to working condition so it can sound its whistle across the countryside once again.