- $42 for one G-Pass to Insta-Jam: Volume 1 (up to $59 value)
- When: Saturday, October 3, at 8 p.m.
- Where: Detroit Masonic Temple
- Seating: balcony
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Click here to view the seating chart
How G-Pass Works: Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won’t need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the Groupon mobile app. Discount reflects the merchant’s current ticket prices - price may differ on day of event.
Insta-Jam: Volume 1
- Avant: channeling Marvin Gaye, Luther Vandross, and R. Kelly, the self-described “new voice of modern soul” is best known for sensual, high-thread-count slow jams such as “Separated,” “Break Ya Back,” and “Makin’ Good Love”
- Ginuwine: with a voice as soft and smooth as a waxed mink, this singer/actor/writer/dancer exploded onto the scene with the Timbaland-produced jam “Pony” in 1996, then reigned over the charts with “Differences” and “What Could Have Been”; lately, “Pony” was featured in Magic Mike and Ginuwine became the “G” of TGT—the new soul supergroup with Tyrese and Tank
- Case: after busting out in 1996 with “Touch Me, Tease Me” (heard on the Nutty Professor soundtrack), Grammy-nominated R & B crooner Case flooded the charts with groovy valentines such as “Missing You” and “Happily Ever After”
- Dru Hill: since 1992, this group has burned up airways and headphones with sultry hits, including “Never Make a Promise,” “In My Bed,” and “How Deep Is Your Love”; today, founder Nokio, lead singer Sisqó, and original member Jazz take the stage, with recent addition Tao rounding out the ensemble’s lush harmonies and carpool-lane privileges
- Michel’le: with a mischievous voice that pendulum swings between a soulful bellow and a childish squeak, this diva (seen lately on TV One’s R&B Divas LA) pulled the ripcord on the nation’s parachute pants with new jack-swing jams such as “No More Lies” and “Nicety”
- Other notable acts: Chico DeBarge