- $9 for one ticket to a play at Bad Theatre Fest (up to $16.50 value)
- When: select dates, October 17–November 2
- Where: Treehouse Theater
- Seating: general admission
- Door time: 5 minutes prior to showtime
- Ticket values include all fees.
Bad Theater Fest 2014 – Selected Highlights
The annual Bad Theater Fest encourages artists to throw the question of what people will like right out the window. Performances range from untested works by new writers, which may or may not work, to plays that embrace camp sensibilities to land squarely in the realm of “so-bad-it’s-good.”
- Cat (October 18 at 11 p.m.): This one-man adaptation of the wildly popular musical promises “singing, dancing, and feline pelvic thrusts.”
- Second Stone (October 25 at 7 p.m.): Lester recounts how he was accidentally shorted by a certain savior’s miracles by the only person there to listen: Satan.
- DMV J-walk (October 25 at 9 p.m.): The New England-based comedy ensemble bounces between improve and sketch.
- Nano jardin (November 1 at 5 p.m.): See the world through the eyes of two suburban garden gnomes.
- The Mansions Present: Sexts & Politics (November 1 at 11 p.m.): Warren G. Harding’s rather risque love letters to his neighbor Carrie Phillips are read aloud on stage.
- Each performance contains several short plays–click here to view the complete schedule.