To spice up a dance routine, professionals will wear dazzling outfits or substitute their partner for a burlap sack filled with fireworks attached to a timer. Watch the pros with today’s GrouponLive deal to see Carolina Ballet’s production of Balanchine Rarities at Fletcher Opera Theater in Progress Energy Center. For $45, you get two tickets for seating in zone 2 on the main and upper levels (up to a $107.50 value, including fees). Choose from the following performances:
- Friday, February 17, at 8 p.m.
- Saturday, February 18, at 2 p.m.
- Saturday, February 18, at 8 p.m.
- Sunday, February 19, at 2 p.m.
- Saturday, February 25, at 2 p.m.
- Saturday, February 25, at 8 p.m.
- Sunday, February 26, at 2 p.m.
- Saturday, March 3, at 2 p.m.
- Saturday, March 3, at 8 p.m.
- Sunday, March 4, at 2 p.m.<p>
Buoyed by a grant from the National Endowment for the Arts, Carolina Ballet’s twinkle-toed troupe breathes new life into three seldom-performed works by George Balanchine. The production revolves around À la Françaix, one of Balanchine’s few comic works, and the only one where the dancers are contractually obligated to wear clown shoes. Pianist Karl Moraski joins the ballet for Lost and Found, a poignant exposition by resident guest choreographer Lynne Taylor-Corbett, and Moving Life, a piece by artistic director Robert Weiss, brims with movements more elegant than a fascinator made of cirrus clouds. Framed by 600 gold seats, the Fletcher Opera Theater perches each guest less than 70 feet from the action.
2 E South St.
Raleigh, NC 27601