- $15 for one ticket to the Ballet Concerto Summer Dance Concert 2015 (up to $30 value)
- When: June 25–28 at 8:30 p.m.
- Where: Trinity Park Pavilion
- Seating: reserved table
- Door time: 7:30 p.m.
Ballet Concerto Summer Dance Concert 2015
- The Event: an annual showcase of internationally acclaimed dancers and choreographers, performing both ballet and other genres of dance
- The Praise: Fort Worth Weekly calls the concert the city’s “best outdoor cultural event”
- The Extras: audience members may purchase refreshments from concession stands, or bring their own picnics from home
- The Music: pieces being performed include “The Wedding Day”, “Les Sylphides”, and “Ouroboros”
Not every ballet company gets its own official day—but not every ballet company is Ballet Concerto. Focused on education from the day Margo Dean founded it in 1969, the organization received its day—June 25—in 1992 courtesy of the mayor of Fort Worth. The reason: the company's dedication to bringing culture to the students. For more than four decades, Ballet Concerto has been inspiring ballet dreams in children by touring schools, transporting youth to performances, offering up free dance events for the community, and establishing North Texas's first dance school for the Deaf. And thanks to its Find and Inspire New Dancers program, many of its performers have gone on to perform with the Houston Ballet, Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre, Ballet de Marseilles in France, and the Royal New Zealand Ballet.