What You'll Get
- $17 for one single-day session (up to $35 value)
- $72 for one week-long session (up to $145 value)
- When: Monday, July 24, through Friday, July 28, from 9 a.m. to 11:45 a.m.
- The campers: kids aged 3–18 of all skill levels who share a passion for musical theater (classes will be divided by age group)
- The classes: workshops and master classes devoted to singing, acting, stage makeup, and promotion that turn campers into multifaceted Broadway pros
- The performance: The week-long camp culminates in a free performance on Saturday, July 29, at 11 a.m.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jul 28, 2017. Limit 4/person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem on day of event for a ticket at the venue box office. Refundable only on day of purchase. Merchant is issuer of tickets - discount reflects current ticket prices, which may change. ADA seating cannot be guaranteed; contact box office prior to purchase for availability. Ticket value includes all fees. Valid for ages 3-18. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About The Ballet Center
The Ballet Center, Ballet Long Island, and The Theater Company all share one space and one mission: to provide opportunities for all people to experience the art of performance. Established in 1985, Ballet Long Island is a professional ballet company where seasoned dance instructors lead arts in education programs, an apprentice program, a trainee program, choreography, master classes, and workshops. Classes train toes to pas de basque in beginners classes for youth through professional-level pointe classes, and contemporary styles such as modern and hip-hop infuse choreography with vivacious rhythms and full-body flutters. Small class sizes ensure students can progress quickly with individual instruction, and a floating dance floor set on high-density foam absorbs shocks and reduces the chances of injury. As a nonprofit, The Ballet Center directs its funds to make it possible for community members to learn dance through scholarships and low tuition fees.
Performances in Ballet Long Island's repertoire include The Nutcracker, Cinderella, Snow White, The Sleeping Beauty, The Fantastic Toyshop, Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid, Swan Lake Act II, Multicultural Celebration, Le Corsaire pas de deux, Don Quixote pas de deux, and original ballets choreographed for the company.