- One ticket to see the Baton Rouge Symphony Orchestra: All Star Pops Series: Spectrum Motown
- When: Saturday, February 8, at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: River Center Theatre for the Performing Arts
- Door time: 6:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.<p>
- $25 for section B (up to $45 value)
- $19 for section C (up to $35 value)
- $13 for section D (up to $25 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart.<p>
For this pops concert, the musicians of the Baton Rouge Symphony Orchestra, led by David Torns, Associate Conductor, turn the dials on their violins and cellos to the Motown station, creating a dramatic backdrop for finger-snapping favorites sung by celebrated Vegas quartet Spectrum. These crooners—Darryl Grant, Pierre Jovan, Cushney Roberts, and silky smooth first tenor David Prescott—got their start with a six-year gig as a Four Tops tribute, eventually capping off the Vegas chapter of their careers with a star on the city’s Walk of Fame. Today, they tour the world, pulling from a musical grab-bag of hits by such soul legends as the Platters, the Temptations, and even Boyz II Men. Dressed to the nines and not afraid to wade into the audience, where the stage lights can’t protect them from the dark, Spectrum loads up their setlist with such golden standards as “My Girl,” “Just My Imagination,” “Rubberband Man,” and “Stand by Me.”<p>
Baton Rouge Symphony Orchestra
Created 65 years ago, the Baton Rouge Symphony Orchestra has grown into one of the largest arts institutions in the area and a nationally recognized musical powerhouse. Focused on providing creative programming, the 2013-14 season includes series from Investar Bank Masterworks, a chamber series, and the All Star Pops series featuring a Motown tribute and Wicked Divas.