- $8 for one ticket to a live taping of the BattleBots 2015 Championship ($11.54 value)
- Where: Mare Islands Sports Center
- Seating: General admission
- Door time: One hour before showtime
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Note: attendees are asked to not wear attire with distinctive logos.
Dates and Times
- Session 2 on Thursday, May 21, from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Session 3 on Friday, May 22, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Session 4 on Friday, May 22, from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Click here to view the full schedule of sessions and times.
BattleBots 2015 Championship
After a 13-year hiatus, the robots are back—and this time, they’re bigger, faster, and more lethal than the last time they rumbled across television screens. Starting May 21, BattleBots will hold its first tournament in more than a decade, as ABC has revived the sport as a six-episode series to be aired this summer. Despite the show’s hiatus, the robots never stopped bulking up on processor power: in fact, this time around, all participating robots are required to have an active weapons system, which was not a rule in the original BattleBots competitions.
The BattleBots arena, dubbed the “BattleBox,” has evolved, too. As the robots bombard each other with spinning blades, fiery blasts, and confusing punch cards, the BattleBox will bite back with spiked walls and titanium saw blades that spring from the floor. Walls made of 1.25-inch bulletproof glass will stand between the mayhem and the fans in the crowd, who can cheer on every metal-crunching moment as ABC’s cameras pan around Mare Islands Sports Center.