What You'll Get
Smooth jazz is the sound of sophistication, unlike rough jazz, which is the sound of Louis Armstrong blasting chili out of his trumpet. Lend your ear to upscale scales with this deal.
- $26 to see the 23rd Houston International Jazz Festival, featuring Jonathan Butler and Elan Trotman (up to a $53.83 value)
- When: Saturday, August 3, at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Bayou Music Center
- Seating: Grand tier (sections 202–208)
- Door time: 6:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart. <p>
Each ticket also includes admission to the pre-party, held on Friday, August 2, from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. at 51Fifteen Restaurant & Lounge in Saks Fifth Avenue.
As of July 22, 2013, Sheila E. will not be performing at this festival.
23rd Houston International Jazz Festival with Jonathan Butler and Elan Trotman
- Age at which Jonathan Butler started playing the guitar: 7
- Age at which Elan Trotman started playing the piano: 7
- Age at which Butler became the first black artist played on white South African stations: 13, with 1974’s “Please Stay”
- Age at which Trotman started playing the saxophone: 12<p>
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Aug 3, 2013. Limit 8/person. Redeem on day of event at venue. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at Bayou Music Center. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Discount reflects Live Nation's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open 1 hr before event time. For ADA seating, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Bayou Music Center
Part arena, part club, and all about the music, Bayou Music Center has catered to listeners of all tastes since it opened in 1997. James Brown, Steely Dan, Nickelback, and Etta James have all graced the spacious stage, drawn to its dazzling light displays and high-tech audio equipment. The facility also has various bars throughout, from an industrial taproom with corrugated steel walls to a lounge with neon drapery, oriental rugs, and cushy sofas.