- One G-Pass to see the BB&T Classic, a college basketball doubleheader benefiting the Children’s Charities Foundation
- When: Sunday, December 8, at 1 p.m.
- Where: Verizon Center
- Door time: 12 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart. <p>
Ticket and Seating Options
- $12 for one 400-level seat (a $37.45 value)
- $30 for one 200-level seat, plus a hotdog and soda (a $61.65 value)
- $35 for one 100-level seat, plus a hotdog and soda (a $67.80 value) <p>
The doubleheader features the following match-ups:
- George Mason University vs. University of Oklahoma
- University of Maryland vs. George Washington University <p>
How G-Pass Works: Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won’t need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the Groupon mobile app.
For nearly two decades, the BB&T Classic has kicked off the college basketball season in DC and raised money for local charities in the process. This season, the annual hoops doubleheader invades the Verizon Center–also home to the Wizards, Capitals, and a very confused phantom of the opera–on the afternoon of Sunday, December 8. Game one unleashes a Big 12 titan, the Oklahoma Sooners, against George Mason University, the newest member of the Atlantic 10 Conference.
About 20 minutes after the first game’s final buzzer, and once all the referees have had their batteries replaced, game two pits the host teams against each other. Celebrating their 100th season of men’s hoops, the George Washington Colonials march into the match-up behind sophomore forward Kevin Larsen, who led the team in field goal percentage a season ago. Across the court, the Maryland Terrapins counter with Nick Faust, a crafty guard who is an expert at racking up steals.