What You'll Get
- Two Sides Sounding: The Unsung City or Mashuq Deen: Draw The Circle at the BEAT Festival
- When: Tuesday, September 16, at 7:30 p.m. (Two Sides Sounding: The Unsung City) or Wednesday, September 17, at 7:30 p.m. (Mashuq Deen: Draw The Circle)
- Where: Brooklyn Historical Society (Two Sides Sounding: The Unsung City) or Kumble Theater for the Performing Arts (Mashuq Deen: Draw The Circle)
- General admission
- Door time: 30 minutes before showtime
- Ticket values include all fees
- $12 for one ticket (up to $22 value)
- $20 for two tickets (up to $44 value)
Two Sides Sounding: The Unsung City
Singers from the Two Sides Sounding collective uncover everyday injustices through modern operatic works. During the program, the premiere of Ellen Mandel’s Haiku NYC joins Sidney Marquez Boquiren’s Stop and Frisk, which tells of two lifelong friends struggling with different interpretations of a police incident, and the premiere of Daniel Felsenfeld’s Bruce Bailey, an urban cantata centered on the Tenant Rights activist.
Mashuq Deen: Draw The Circle
In this touching, comedic one-man play, Mashuq Deen plays the roles of his family and friends, sharing his story of being a transgender Muslim American and revealing how his very conservative family dealt with his transformation.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Sep 17, 2014. Limit 8 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem day of show for a ticket at venue box office. Must show valid ID matching name on Groupon at venue. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects BEAT Festival's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open 30 minutes before showtime. For ADA seating, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.