Even without words, classical music can convey the triumph of a victory in battle or the exhilarating inconclusiveness of a nil-nil soccer match. Feel it all with this GrouponLive deal.
- One ticket to a Boston Chamber Music Society concert
- Where: Sanders Theatre
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Mozart, Mendelssohn, Françaix on Sunday, May 18, at 7:30 p.m. Doors open at 7 p.m.
- $16 for balcony sections A, B, G, or F, or mezzanine sections A, B, G, or F (up to $27 value)
- $23 for premium balcony sections B–F, or mezzanine sections C–E (up to $38 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart.
Concerts by the Boston Chamber Music Society
Mozart, Mendelssohn, Françaix (May 18)
Mozart’s delightfully mischievous Horn Quintet commences the performance, followed by Mendelssohn’s witty Piano Sextet. The season finale ends with Françaix’s Octet for Winds and Strings, best described in the composer’s words as “music for pleasure!
Boston Chamber Music Society
The Boston Chamber Music Society was founded by some of the biggest music fans around: musicians. In 1982, cellists Bruce Coppock and Ronald Thomas brought together an ensemble of passionate, skilled instrumentalists, forming an organization that would eventually present one of New England’s longest-running chamber music series. While the company’s longevity is impressive, its range is not to be ignored, with performances of Baroque-era standards and commissioned compositions appearing side-by-side on programs. Together, the ensemble showcases some of the finest pieces of chamber music with a collaborative spirit developed over more than 30 seasons, resulting in technically dazzling performances and almost no rosin-sharing disputes.
Sanders Theatre - Harvard University
45 Quincy St
Cambridge, MA 02138